I`m presenting you the traditional Bulgarian pie made from the Phyllo Dough with the filling of simple and available products. Well-cooked Bulgarian Banitsa with the soft melting bryndza.
- Phyllo Dough of TM “Valesto” “Frozen Phyllo Dough for strudels and lasagne” – 8 sheets;
- Butter oil or seed oil (of your choice) to grease the Phyllo Dough sheets – 50 g;
- Bryndza – 200 g;
- Cottage cheese – 100 g;
- Kefir (butter milk) – 100 ml;
- Sour cream – 200 g;
- Hen`s egg – 1 pc;
- Salt to your taste
- Open the dough defrosted according to the recommendations on the package and cover it with the cling film and a damp towel for it to not dry out.
- Heat the oven to 220 °С.
- Stir some cottage cheese with some bryndza and kefir. Salt it to your taste.
- Grease a dough sheet with some butter or oil. Spread 1/8 part of the filling (circa 50 g) over the dough and roll it.
- Put a roll to the bottom of the greased case. Do the same with other sheets of the Phyllo Dough.
- Prepare a dressing. For this, mix the sour cream with an egg and salt it to your taste. Pour the mixture of sour cream and eggs over the rolls laid in the case.
- Bake about 30 minutes at temperature of 180 °С until golden brown.